It came! It came! My second Stitch Fix has finally arrived! My plan was to wait a bit longer until I had lost a little more weight before I requested another Stitch Fix, buuuuut…I had a $25 dollar credit and it’s a new season and gosh darnit it’s just so much fun I couldn’t wait any longer!
For those of you that haven’t heard of this service or need a reminder of what it’s all about, feel free to check out my first Fix. For those of you that remember, my first time was a little “meh”. It wasn’t really appropriate for the season in North Carolina and a lot of it didn’t fit quite right. I ended up keeping the green cardigan, but I actually haven’t warn it yet.
As soon as I opened this box, I knew I was going to like it much more. The colors are great, and I love the prints that were included! Even the sail boats.
Without further ado… the clothes!
Because I am still losing weight, I specifically requested no pants this time. Tops, shirts and dresses tend to be able to span a few more sizes. I was very happy to see that they listened to my request and sent a bunch of great options!
1. Trish Abstract Chevron Button-Up Tank – Loved the print and color of this tank, but sadly it was a tent on me. I’m not even sure if going down a size would have helped. It also had an almost-razorback situation going on, which makes the bra thing challenging. I hate not being able to wear a real bra. Verdict: Return
2. Thisbe Colorblocked Open Draped Cardigan – I have seen this sweater in other people’s fixes in black, white and grey, so I was thrilled to see it in these bright corals in my box! When I pulled it out, my first thought was “this thing is stupid long” and I immediately disregarded it. When I put it back on to snap a picture, I was surprised to hear Gill say it was his favorite piece out of them all. Now, the more I look at it, the more I like it. Here’s the thing, though: Let’s be real. It was almost 90 degrees today (no comments from the peanut gallery!) and the heat isn’t going to let up any time soon. How much wear am I really going to get out of a sweater, even a very light weight one like this, until the fall? I might be crazy skinny by fall (or at least skinnier?). Verdict: Undecided
3. Evah Crochet Detail 3/4 Blouse – Love. This. Blouse. Hands down my favorite piece in the box. It’s hard to see the detail in the photo, but it’s super cute. Great with shorts as pictured, jeans or black ankle pants for work. Might wear it tomorrow. Verdict: Keep! Keep! Keep!
4. Tammi Sailboat Print Fit & Flare Dress – Many of you can probably imagine the eye roll that happened in my head when I read that I would be getting a sailboat print dress in my fix, but it’s actually pretty cute. It’s hard to tell from the photo above, but this thing was also a freakin’ tent. Even cinched as tight as I could get it, it was hard to get it to stay where I wanted it. Both dresses I’ve gotten from Stitch Fix have been too big, so I think it might be worthwhile to adjust my size preference next time. Also, halter top = strapless bra = yuck in my book. Verdict: Return
5. Arden Keyhole Detail Embroidered Trim Tank – This tank top was alright. The trim (which is orange, yellow, pink and green) was cute, and I loved that it kept bra straps under wraps, but the front was super low cut and looked awkward with a cami underneath. It also had a hook and eye in both the front and back to keep the “keyholes” closed that didn’t do a great job. I couldn’t make an outfit with this one that I really loved. If it had been the blue chevron print, it might have been a different story. Verdict: Return
I’ve got 2 more days until my return items have to go back in the mail, so please comment with your thoughts! IS that cardigan stupidly long? Am I making any huge mistakes? Have I convinced you to try it yet?!